Plant Training Courses
Serving various sectors across the UK, ACTTnow’s plant training courses provide your operations and maintenance personnel with a working knowledge of theory, procedures, and equipment to operate and maintain your site safely and efficiently. We provide training courses on all types of plants and equipment.
We also offer other Health & Safety courses that complement the requirements for employees to work safely. We can work around your schedule and deliver training at your site preference or at our training facility.
Heavy Equipment Operator Training
As stated by the HSE, you must select and install equipment properly, use it carefully and ensure it is maintained to protect the health and safety of yourself, employees and others who may be affected by the way you use it.
Sensible risk assessment is the key, following the manufacturer’s recommendations for use and maintenance and ensuring employees are trained and competent. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure new work equipment complies with the relevant legal requirements for safe design and construction. You must not use or permit the use of unsafe work equipment.
Plant Machinery Training Courses
Work equipment may be subject to specific legislation, for example:
- the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
In addition to the general requirements applicable to most work equipment, PUWER covers in particular:
- the risks of riding on and controlling mobile work equipment
- operator visibility
- protection from falling objects and from rolling over
- restraint systems (seat belts, etc.)
- inspection/thorough examination of power presses