ECITB Manual Handling – MH01
A course for all employees who undertake manual handling operations as part of their work tasks. By the end of the course, participants will have a basic knowledge of human anatomy, appreciate manual handling legislation and risk assessment, understand the principles of safe manual handling and be able to apply these principles to their own work situations.
This course will comprise of instruction via both theory and practical sessions with assessments. There will be a proportion of instructor led group participation and practical exercises in lifting techniques.
Half Day Course
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Manual Handling Regulations
- Accident Statistics
- Manual handling risk assessments and how risk assessments apply to you.
- Introduction to manual handling – lifting and carrying safely
- The functions of the spine and muscular system
- Typical injuries caused & how to recognise and avoid potential problems
- Correct Handling techniques
- Practical exercises and tuition in how to avoid injury and strain
- Hazard identification and assessment of:
- The Task
- Individual Capabilities
- The Load
- The Working Environment