ECITB Confined Space Low Risk – CS01
This course is designed to prepare candidates with the principles of Confined Space Awareness for those that might work near confined spaces, or might be. This course is aimed at all personnel who are required to enter Low Risk Confined Space and act as a Top Man/Person (Safety Attendant).
Working in confined spaces exposes an individual to a range of potential hazards, some of which may threaten injury and, in some instances may possibly lead to death. Therefore specialist training and assessment is required to equip those undertaking this type of work with the necessary skills and competencies to assess risk, control hazards and work safely.
This course is designed for entering and working in a low risk environment with adequate natural or mechanical ventilation, the access appears simple and unobstructed and there is no likely risk of flooding (for example meter pits, valve chambers; stairwells). Low Risk confined spaces could be associated with lone working requiring the application of appropriate procedures.
Full Day Course
- Regulations for working in confined spaces
- How to identify a confined space
- Hazards that can occur In Low Risk confined spaces
- Communication methods when working in a confined space
- How to monitor conditions and work activity
- The roles of a team when working in a confined space
- The use of tools and equipment in a low risk confined space
- Rescue plan and emergency procedures
- Authorisations for entry
- How to implement safe systems of work
- Atmospheric conditions
- Enter and exit space in line with procedure
- Suitable communication methods
- Monitoring conditions within a confined space
- Controlling risk
- Acting on unsafe activity, equipment and environmental conditions
- Use of PPE
- Vacated work area procedure
- Behaviour when working in a confined space