EAL Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment
This qualification gives people who are already working, or wanting to work, in the construction industry, the essential knowledge to manage health, safety and environment.
The qualification is designed for people already working, or wanting to work, in the UK construction industry; all construction businesses have a legal responsibility to provide their employees with relevant health and safety training.
A high standard of health and safety protects employees and consumers health and helps to maintain the reputation of the business.
A course for anyone wishing to apply for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card to work on a UK construction site.
Full Day Course
- The importance, key terms, legal responsibilities and reasons for good health and safety
- Fatalities, injuries and ill-health in construction
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Slips and trips
- Working at height
- Moving vehicles and mobile plant
- Work equipment
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Alcohol and drugs
- Health and safety signs
- Personal protective equipment
- Welfare facilities and personal hygiene
- Emergencies and first aid
- Reporting accidents and ill health